Host an Event
Be Part of the Festival!
From the food we eat to the ways we communicate, travel and more, science is a big part of our lives. And the events of the past year have made the importance of science and technology more apparent than ever.
We’ve been inspired by the public’s heightened dialog on the role of science in society, the value of curiosity and the importance of diversity among those who participate. It is in that spirit of inspiration that we are excited to celebrate the Wisconsin Science Festival again this year by showcasing events (both in-person and virtual) that seek to make an impact on Wisconsinites!
Join hundreds of organizers who hold events of every shape and size around Wisconsin to connect people of all ages with science, technology, engineering, art and math. In 2021, more than 43,000 people participated in events throughout 90+ communities in Wisconsin. To learn more, connect with Sam Mulrooney at 608-316-4390 or [email protected]. (And don’t forget to check out the 2021 annual report!
How Does Hosting a #WiSciFest Event Work?
- Submit your event(s) using our Event Proposal Form. Here’s a sneak peek at the form.
- Our WiSciFest staff will check your submission to make sure the event meets our selection criteria.
- We approve your event as an official #WiSciFest event (or we’ll follow up if your proposal needs to be modified).
- If you submit your event by August 1, we’ll send you a event host kit with cool swag and more to help you promote it.
- Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect your event to the Wisconsin Science Festival.
- Your event should be located in Wisconsin or intended for a Wisconsin audience. For example, you may have an online event that highlights Wisconsin technology.
- The event should take place during the festival dates (October 10-16, 2022). If your event occurs before or after the festival, we’ll consider it and may list it separately as an “additional opportunity.”
- #WiSciFest events should emphasize science, technology, engineering, art/humanities and/or math.
- As the event host, you are accountable for all aspects of your event(s) including organization, content and staffing.
- We expect you to promote the event as a Wisconsin Science Festival event using the guidelines we’ll provide.
Special Opportunities for 2022
Badger Talks: Host a UW-Madison speaker at your program! We are once again partnering with UW-Madison’s Badger Talks to bring the university to you. Whether you want to hear about the history of the Ice Age Trail, discuss changes in the dairy industry, or get updated on the latest groundbreaking health care research being done on campus, we can find a speaker for you! Speakers may be requested for either virtual or in-person programs.
Join the Wisconsin BioBlitz! Have you ever wondered how many species exist in our environment? From the shores of Lake Michigan to the forests of the Northwoods or the soil in your backyard, Wisconsin is teeming with life – and we’re continuing our statewide BioBlitz project to learn more! We’ll provide an online portal for individuals or organizations to participate, including incentives and a series of related online events.
Virtual field trips and more. We are working hard to create opportunities for organizations, families and curious individuals to get involved in science activities curated throughout the state. We’ll update our website and send email updates as the summer progresses.
#WiSciFest staff will offer assistance and guidance to maximize attendance and maintain festival standards. The Wisconsin Science Festival will provide:
- Up-to-date information on the festival website along with a URL specific to each event. You can use this URL to promote an individual event.
- Event promotion through the WiSciFest social media channels and the our statewide/regional marketing efforts.
- An Event Host Kit (if your event is submitted by the deadline) with promotional materials, signage, WSF branding templates and logos for use in digital and print media.
- An opportunity to request reimbursement of up to $100 for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in staging the WSF event. (Documentation must be submitted within 30 days of the event.)
Looking for Ideas?
If you are on the fence or would like assistance in coming up with ideas, our team is ready to help! Contact [email protected] to learn how to get your organization involved. And see below for inspiration from past events: