Join Our Growing Community of Wisconsin Science Festival Volunteers
Our crew of welcoming, inspiring and engaging volunteers help make the four-day festival an unforgettable experience!
- Help others discover the wonder and power of science.
- Enjoy a unique program in the Discovery Building and learn something new.
- Network with other volunteers and UW–Madison faculty and staff.
- Get a cool #WiSciFest t-shirt.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone! Science expert or not, new volunteers are always welcome!
- High School and College Students (Must be at least 16 years of age)
- Corporate and Community Groups
Build a team.
Volunteering is always more fun with a friend and we will ensure you can work together.
Group opportunities are excellent team building experiences that help you connect with the community.
What do volunteers do at the festival?
You can choose how you want to engage. Options include:
- Welcoming visitors.
- Answering questions.
- Running programs and experiments.
- Assisting with volunteer management.
- Prepping for the festival.
- And more!
If you are a new volunteer, you can create a volunteer profile. Training requirements for festival volunteer shifts vary and the requirements will be posted in the shift details.