Big Ideas for Busy People: Futurescape
Thursday10/205:00 pm - 6:30 pm
** NOTE: THIS IS A SAMPLE EVENT FROM 2020**
This popular, fast-paced event featuring five-minute talks from some of UW-Madison’s biggest brains is back! To celebrate the 10th Wisconsin Science Festival, our speakers are sharing what their research focus might be like 10 years from now.
Peer into the future with us and discover what the next decade may bring.
- Randy Ashton, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and Biomedical Engineering, Brain and Spinal Cord Tissues For Sale
- Anthony Gitter, Morgridge Institute for Research and Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, Cooking Up Cures with Machine Learning
- Robert McDermott, Physics, Quantum Computing: Today and Tomorrow
- Robert Nowak, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and Electrical and Computer Engineering, Technological Singularity or Bust: The Quest for Super-Human AI
- Kris Saha, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and Biomedical Engineering, Editing Ourselves: CRISPR and Genomics in 2030
- Karen Schloss, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and Psychology, The Human Brain: (Virtually) Go Where No One Has Gone Before
- Melissa Skala, Morgridge Institute for Research and Biomedical Engineering, Your Cells Tell Your Story
- Michael Graf, Emmy award-winning filmmaker, screenwriter and director, Spot Filmworks (moderator)
This is an online event.
- Event Type:
- Online Event
- Target Age/Grade:
UW-Madison (Discovery Building)
330 N. Orchard St.
Madison, WI 53715 United States https://discovery.wisc.edu