Youth Volunteers for Conservation Seed Cleaning
Wednesday10/185:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Youth Volunteers for Conservation (YV4C) is the Lussier Family Heritage Center’s hand’s-on program that challenges high school students to make a real impact in caring for Dane County’s natural areas. Led by Dane County Parks’ staff, student volunteers have to opportunity during these workdays to gain on-the-ground experience in land conservation, build leadership skills and make new friends. All while enjoying the health benefits of outdoor physical activity.
Lend a hand in Dane County’s seed shed to begin processing the seed harvest, from hundreds of species of native plants, to prepare it for future prairie plantings.
- Location: Lake Farm County Park. Libby Road DCP Facilities, 4401 Libby Road, Madison, WI 53711. Parking lot behind the building. We will meet in Garage Bay 2, with a “Volunteer Entrance” sign.
- No prior experience is needed. All tools and training will be provided.
- Clothing: Close-toed shoes and clothing you do not mind getting dusty.
- Please register to help us plan how many snacks to bring (or you may not get a snack).
- Restroom on-site: Yes in building.
**Waiver: All YV4C participants must have a completed and signed YV4C waiver on file before being able to participate in a workday. Instructions on how to complete this electronically are found here: https://lussierheritagecenter.com/YV4C. Completed waivers can be emailed to the YV4C coordinator or printed and handed in at event.**
- Event Type:
- Target Age/Grade:
- High School/College/Adult