The Wisconsin Science Festival Needs Your Help
to host an event in your community or an exploration station at the Discovery Expo in Madison.
Think outside of the lab! Anyone who is enthusiastic about science can host an event, whether it's a community science expo at your school, a relaxed Science on Tap night at your pub or an intimate night of stargazing in your local park. The only limit is your curiosity.
- Learn more about hosting an event
- Explore ideas for festival events
- Sign up to host an event in your community
- Find out more about the Discovery Expo
- Sign up to host an exploration station at the Discovery Expo
Unique opportunities for 2017
On the fence? Have questions? Need ideas?
A major event like the Wisconsin Science Festival requires hundreds of volunteer hours throughout the four-day experience. Thank you to our welcoming, inspiring and engaging volunteers who helped make the 2015 Wisconsin Science Festival the best yet!
- Engage kids in science, engineering, art and more
- Enjoy a unique program in the Discovery Building and learn something new
- Help others discover the wonder and power of science
- Network with other volunteers and UW–Madison faculty and staff
- Get a cool #WiSciFest t-shirt
Anyone can volunteer! We are always looking for new team members and you don't have to be a scientist. As long as you are passionate about learning, you belong here. We welcome high school and college students, families and adults.
Bring a friend! Volunteering is always more fun with a friend and we will ensure you can work together.
We encourage community groups and corporations to volunteer at the festival. Group opportunities are excellent team building experiences that will help you connect with the community. To learn about group opportunities, please contact us at [email protected] or 608.316.4382.
What could I do as a volunteer?
- Welcome visitors
- Answer questions
- Run programs and experiments
- Assist with volunteer management
- Prep for the festival
- And more!
Get started now!
Sign-up for festival volunteer shifts begins on September 1 through the Discovery Building website. If you are a new volunteer, you can get started now by creating your volunteer profile. Please be aware that training requirements for festival volunteer shifts vary. Requirements will be posted in the shift details.
For information about volunteering for the 2017 festival, or to learn about group/corporate volunteer opportunities, please contact us at [email protected] or 608.316.4382.